New York, United States, Thursday 13th July, 2023: Fairyship Games, a small US-based developer with a focus on narrative-based titles, is excited to confirm forthcoming action-adventure RPG Testament: The Order of High Human will launch on Steam and Epic Store later today.
Also in development for a later release on both Xbox and PlayStation, Testament: The Order of High Human is an original first-person, story-based action-adventure RPG where players will assume the role of Aran – the king of High humans in the land of Tessara – as he stands as the guardian of the realm.
Betrayed by his brother, Arva, and robbed of his powers as the world around him is plunged into darkness and overrun by ominous creatures, Aran sets about regaining his powers and confronting Arva to restore Tessara to its former glory. Along his way he’ll upgrade his sword, bow, and magic abilities as players begin to develop their own unique fighting style.
In short, Testament: The Order of High Human is a tale of a fallen king’s journey to save his realm from darkness and destruction. It’s an adventure designed to pay homage to leagues of different games and genres those at – the 15 people strong – FairyShip Games all grew up playing.
“We’ve been working on Testament: The Order of High Human’s for the best part of five years and, for the majority of that time, just a small core team of 15 people,” offers co-creator and studio co-founder Moe Naderi. “Now it’s launch day and the nerves are high – this means so much to all of us here – but we can’t wait to see what people make of the world we’ve created and the story we want to tell.”
In Testament: The Order of High Human you can:
- Experience an immersive combat style based around three different approaches, each one designed to offer their own unique traits players can specialize in.
- Master sword game-play with a variation of destructive and elemental combos.
- Take charge of 16 magic abilities including single-target spells, traps, Area of Effect (AoE attacks), Damage per Second (DPS), and defensive spells.
- Utilize a magical bow with four different types of arrows such as normal arrow, ricochet arrow, explosive arrow, and passthrough arrow.
- Take advantage of a grand XP and upgrade system that motivates players to fully explore every land and dungeon.
- Experience unique gameplay areas with exciting platforming that reminds of the nostalgic excitement from retro 2D platformers.
- Take charge of a brand new ‘Eclipse System’, based on gameplay entities called eyes of darkness.It consists of 3 different gameplay mechanics that can work separately or together to deliver exciting encounters and challenges.
- Use more than 18 consumables at the player’s disposal. These craftable items can alter the player’s health and mana or create enhancements on the players belongings and surroundings. Using them together can deliver advantages to help players shape their own playing style.
- Take on more than 40 main and side-quests, carefully crafted and relevant to the games consistent storytelling.
- Experience strong and engaging storytelling with a nonlinear narrative style.
Testament: The Order of High Human has been in development for the past four and a half years by a small team of 15 people with a passion for storytelling. The game will launch later today on Steam and Epic Store for $34.99/€34.99/£29.99. Details on the PlayStation and Xbox launches will follow.